Search This Blog

Friday, August 10, 2007

Good morning, baby!

This is WBBY. All baby, all the time!

First it was little Oliver - what a red-headed cutie. Then our marketing administrator goes into the hospital six weeks early - complete bedrest - steroids - the works - trying to keep this little guy inside as long as possible.

Now, our next little grandson is to make his scheduled appearance some time today (Lord willing) because Mommy has been dilated for quite some time. More to come, and pictures to follow.

Then, our next little granddaughter will either make her appearance at a scheduled time during the third week of August, or as the Lord wills (I'm all for God choosing the birthday, thank you very much).

I have a very unpopular view of childbearing these days. I really believe that God knows best. I'd prefer drug-free and natural birth as much as possible. I'd prefer that people allow God to determine the number and timing of children. And I prefer that God choose the birthday rather than scheduling it for convenience sake. I'm not saying, however, that all inductions are for convenience. I am quite disgusted with the number of inductions and c-sections done these days, however. It may have something to do with malpractice suits, what do you think?

Oh, by the way, A=BCA works in advertising and it is certainly the impetus for "mommy stories." A= adrenaline. Adrenaline is the BioChemical Adhesive. Whenever adrenaline is pumped into the system (through joy, fear, anger) it stamps a memory into our brain. Think about it. What are your most vivid memories?

And baby, oh baby, the adrenaline rush of birth stamps itself forever on a mother's memory!!!

I love all you babies. And all you mommies, keep up the good work!