Search This Blog

Saturday, August 11, 2007

And Here He Is!


Yes, I was worrying. And usually I worry for no reason, but I was pleading and pleading with the Lord, with the computer, with Marshall, to give me some word about the newest little addition to the family.

Come to find out, yes, there was a bit of a problem - 4 hours of pushing! Now, women will understand the height and depth and breadth of that kind of exhaustion and pain. Did I say pain? Hmmm, sorry, it slipped out.

Finally, after I got a verbal update from Marshall, I decided I needed to go to sleep (at 3 AM), a luxury that Lara didn't get for quite some time to follow. At approximately 5 AM Marshall called me to tell me that little Timothy Joseph had made his entrance and that all was well with the little world. He was born at 3:29 AM Mountain Time (so 4:29 here).

I'm just hoping that Mommy and Daddy will nap when Timothy does for the foreseeable future. It's so tempting to try to catch up during nap times, but the catching up should be on sleep!

Now, we can see his little face: