Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Megaphone

Do you believe God speaks through people?

Eloise is a wonderful woman who works in our food services. Mainly she runs the cash register. So she strikes up conversations with the regulars.

One day I was going through the line and she was talking to a patron in front of me ... saying "wake him up! wake him up!" Hmmm, I wondered. What is she talking about??? She went on to explain that when the disciples were panicking and needed life-giving help, what did they have to do? They had to go to the back of the boat and wake Jesus up so He would do something about the storm. So her advice to this person was "wake Him up!"

Well, this morning I decided that a couple of eggs might be tasty, and as I was going through the register line, Eloise said to me: "When I saw you across the room a song just popped into my head and I had to tell you about it. It was the song that goes, God is God on the mountain, and He's still God in the valley! And I just wanted you to know that's what I thought when I saw you today. Remember that - God is still God in the valley."

Wow! That's all I've got to say about that...