Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2004

Move me

On my semi-long commute in to downtown Chicago, I listen to the morning show without fail. This morning I heard the song by Greg Long, entitled "Fifteen." I found myself weeping. It caused me to consider what types of things move me to tears. As I think of more, I'll add them ...
  • perseverance in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds
  • an underdog crossing the finish line
  • a child's "ah-ha" moment of learning
  • the mental picture of me crawling into the lap of the Father to tell Him my cares
  • the brokenness of one who realizes his/her sin
  • praying for the crushing needs of another
  • love prevailing
  • the grace and mercy of God's forgiveness compared to the weight of my sin
  • a handmade gift
  • the birth of a baby
  • the legacy of a loved one

When a piano string resonates with a note, it is a wonderful thing to hear. When tears resonate with the heart, it is a wonderful thing to bear.