Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Rats!

Green eyes. I have them, and they come in handy as a symbol of jealousy and/or envy.

That's me right now! My hubby gets to visit with our kids in California while I get to take care of the birds and the dog and work from dark to dark.  Rats!

Marshall and Lara will be moving into their new place so he'll get to walk through it and feel at home. Rats!

And while he's there, he will be visiting our best friends from northern California, who are getting all our "old" friends together for a soirĂ©e. Another rats!

I could have taken vacation to go with him, but I'm in the middle of an extremely busy convention schedule, and don't have as much vacation as he does. More rats!

Oh, and if I thought I might spend my time playing with the grandgirls and making dinner for Ingrid and Andy while he's out there playing? Not a chance! They leave for Florida two days after he leaves! Mega rats!

I don't know whether to be depressed or angry. I'm just sure that acquiescence isn't part of the equation. "Rats" pretty well sums it up.

Thanks for coming to my pity party. I'll be staying home with my rats now.