Search This Blog

Thursday, November 11, 2010

That's Me All Over...

Is nothing sacred anymore?

I have no one to blame but myself. My name is all over cyberspace, and to some people that would be a good thing. To others, it's just downright scary.

No doubt you've heard of an "ego search" or "ego Google" or some reasonable facsimile. Type your name into a search engine and see what comes up. You may be pleasantly, or unpleasantly, surprised.

Over my lunch hour I determined to do just that...the ego search. And boy was I shocked! Addresses dating back 25 years, my age (correct, I have to admit), and photos! Yipes!

Some people pay good money for this kind of ubiquitous publicity. I think mine is under the heading of "not-so-discerning" sharing on the Internet.

Go ahead and make your day. Search for yourself. And if, by chance, you find yourself, I hope you like what you find.