Search This Blog

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Cinnamon Tums?


I admit I've been getting heartburn way too much lately. And when it's really bad, it makes me cough terribly.

So we - the Papa and I - went to Cinnabon and brought home some mini-cinnis, regular and pecan. Tasty little morsels...going down.

Each place you go that features cinnamon seems to use a different international variety. Cinnamon at Starbucks tastes different than cinnamon at say, Cinnabon. Well, and Cinnabon does have all that wonderful cream cheese frosting, but I digress.

Within a half hour of indulging in two mini-cinnis and two pecan minis, the heartburn arrived with a vengeance. Tum-ta-tum-tum to the rescue!

We have a variety of Tums in our pantry. Out of curiosity, I decided to read the labels. The extra strength mint one had sucrose as its first ingredient (yes, sugar, which happens to make heartburn worse for me), and - get this - TALC! Hasn't talc been put on the carcinogenic list? eeek!

So I reached for the smooth dissolving chocolate flavored Tums. These little goodies qualify as dessert all by themselves. But I had to chuckle when I read the "active ingredients" followed by the "inactive ingredients." Calcium bicarbonate. Yep. On which list, you ask? On BOTH! Active and inactive. Huh?

But at least it doesn't have talc. I'm feeling much better, thank you.