Search This Blog

Thursday, September 30, 2010

But what does it mean???

Layers upon layers of meaning can be extracted when reading Scripture, but that's not what I'm talking about.

When I was studying psych and sociology in college, we had a discussion group that invariably turned to dreams and their interpretations. Do they really tell us anything today, or are they just manifestations of the latest meal we ate?

I woke up in rather a strange mood due to my last dream.

For the past several years my jaw has been shifting. Don't know why, and I don't want to acknowledge that it might just be the aging process. Anyway, it has taken my teeth on a journey I really dislike!

So, before I awoke this morning, I dreamed I woke up, went to the mirror and gasped because I only had a sliver of a tooth where my left front tooth should be. It bled and fell out. I held it up to the light, and saw that inside was the image of an early stage pregnancy.

Oh, weird! But I started sobbing and sobbing and ran to tell Mark that I needed to get to a dentist right away to get my teeth replaced. He said I couldn't possibly go because he was sick and needed me there.

And that's when I woke up.

Any takers?