Search This Blog

Monday, December 31, 2007

A little lie here and there


May I interest you in a few lies? Maybe just one? I'll be you wouldn't recognize it if you saw it or heard it. I know I didn't. Authors Dannah Gresh and Nancy Leigh DeMoss are coming out with Lies Young Women Believe in February, and I wish I would have read it when I was 16 instead of reading the manuscript at the age of ... fill in the blank.

There was one lie that struck me in particular. And that's because I didn't even recognize it as a lie. As a matter of fact, I thought ... you guys have this one wrong. The lie is: I believe that God should fix my problems. Hmmm. Aren't we supposed to trust Him to do just that? Well, maybe I was reading that wrong. You'll have to read the book to find out just how insidious some of these lies are.

Happy New Year, minus the lies that find us and bind us.