Search This Blog

Monday, May 02, 2005

bittersweet apple

Okay, so I decided to use some of our land money for a new iBook. I'm going to have to get used to using a Mac again. But here's the problem: I bought iWork "preinstalled." Did it come preinstalled? NO! Ah, but there is a disc in the package that says "iWork" on it, so okay, I can install software ... except that when I put the disc in, it clearly says this is a trial version and to purchase the full version go to apple.com. Hey, guys, I already BOUGHT the full version!!! What's going on here?

So I have my little email question sent to Apple and we'll see what happens. But this is creating a bittersweet taste to the Apple experience. In the meantime, I'll try out a few new things on Tiger. And in the Mac help I'll do my "converting from a PC" training.