Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Nudge, Nudge. Wink, Wink.

My last blog was about not having blogged in a long time, so what do I do for an encore? Britany was kind enough to remind me that I hadn't blogged in a while. And I just got an email from a friend in England yesterday who said she was going to reinstate her blog, so ... I should get rolling off my blog.

I like using the blog as a journal, but then I'm opening myself up to the world, and someone is liable to get hurt! Me? You?

This past weekend, I was allowed to attend -- via the generosity of my employer -- the National Media Prayer Breakfast in Hollywood. It is put on by MasterMedia, a group that seeks to befriend Hollywood in the name of Jesus. It was quite encouraging to actually PRAY at the prayer breakfast!

After the breakfast, Mark and I visited the west coast office of Questar, Inc. and were treated to a lunch near the Warner Brothers Studios. Boy, do I miss California! We've talked about "retiring" there. Two problems with that scenario... we don't plan to retire, and we don't have the money for CA living!!!

So, here I sit at my desk, when my real love is for the family. Wishing I could visit with them more often. Make things and send them. Teach a Bible study. Volunteer at the local crisis pregnancy center. Get creative and be in a talent show. Okay, maybe not. Or even run a business of creative pursuits from home. Almost anything but an 82-mile round trip commute, feeling that I'm not in my element.

However -- and that is a BIG however -- I KNOW for a fact that God opened the door for me to be here. So there must be a ripple that I'm creating by being here, that God will use for His kingdom. Right? In the meantime, I will continue to work, and smile, and be here, and find ways that God might be teaching me and using me.

Prayers appreciated.