Search This Blog

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Until the bitter end

Quite some time ago, my husband and I decided that we should sit through all the credits at the end of a movie. In the words of the Muppets: Hey, they're all related to somebody! So at the end of the movie we saw today, we dutifully sat through the ending credits, while other less-enlightened theater-goers got up and left. Obviously, those who were still sitting around us already knew what was coming. The movie we saw was Napoleon Dynamite. No comment. But there was an entire scene at the end of the movie that no one would have known was there, unless you'd been subjected to ... I mean, had seen the movie before.

Number one: someone please clue me in to any possible meaning for this movie! Other than extremely exaggerated loser characters.

Number two: my take-away value from this is that sometimes you get a surprise just by being patient. By sticking it out until the bitter end. I imagine in days to come I'll repeat some line from this movie and think it humorous, but right now? Not. Hmmm.