Search This Blog

Sunday, March 15, 2009

You Should Write a Book

It has been said that each person has one good book in them. Maybe. Maybe not.

So, when Ingrid said that I should write a book, I laughed. "About what?" "Well, you could start with devotions taken from your blog."

Hmmmmm. Working in the publishing industry has jaded me just slightly to that prospect. I don't have a "pulpit" nor do I have a name anyone would recognize outside of my own four walls. Maybe if the whole family each bought a copy... no. No publisher would touch that.

She said that if I spent as much time writing as I did reading, I'd have a book done in no time. Might be true, but might not be a good one, either.

I read the blogs of the authors I know. And I know how hard they work on writing. It is a discipline and a never-ending endeavor - attending writing workshops to hone the craft, doing research, writing, editing, writing, editing. And you have to have fairly thick skin for the editors and critics out there.

Really, she brought up something that tells me I don't have thick enough skin... I don't even allow anonymous comments on this blog! :-)

Until now ...