Search This Blog

Sunday, May 11, 2008

It's Mothers' Day!



I can never figure out where the apostrophe is supposed to go in today's holiday. Is it one mother? Every mother? Does the day belong to the mothers?

Oh, well, it started out very rainy and blustery. But coffee and church and a few lovely gifts brightened the day. See one of them? I just love pictures, and this gift from Marshall and Lara was perfect. It made me teary-eyed. Which brings me to the song of the day. I posted it on our church's blog, and not too many will remember this one.

M is for the many things she gave me...
O is only that she's growing old...
T is for the tears she shed to save me...
H is for the hands I used to hold.
E is everything she did to help me ...
R is right and right she'll always be!
Put them all together, they spell MOTHER...
The woman that means all the world to me!

My mom is actually on a Mediterranean cruise this Mother's Day (or Mothers'...). Nice work if you can get it. So I thought I'd just call and leave a message singing the above mentioned song. She'd remember it for sure!